Sunday 5 August 2012

Why I'm Excited?

To give you an idea of why I think this year has been so amazing, consider this: back in April, I had written a post describing what had been the most successful segment to that point in my career. Often long stretches of time go by without anything encouraging to build on, but suddenly in a period of six weeks I was notified three times of stories that were accepted for publication. That had me wildly excited, you bet. No way was that the norm.
That was three years ago. Since then, progress has been gratifyingly steady, but the long stretches of arid silence were still more normal than not.
In 2012 I've been notified three times in the past eleven days (one a 1st place finish!) and that's without including any other form of recognition during that time. When the timeline is stretched to include the entire year (to date), and do include other recognized work, another story (3rd place) is added to the 'published' list, another placed second, two more were short-listed, and an invitation to submit a novel finally arrived in my Inbox (and I'm here to tell you: those don't grow on trees).
Sorry if it sounds like I'm blowing my own horn, but frankly "wildly excited" just doesn't cut it.
I'm stunned.

No comments:

Post a Comment