Thursday 22 November 2012

Giving a Reading

The Lake Winnipeg Writers' Group will be launching the Fall issue of their magazine, "Voices", this weekend. Therefore, weather permitting, Amber and I will be heading off to Winnipeg on Saturday, to McNally Robinson on Grant Park to attend. You may recall from earlier posts over the summer, that two of my stories are coming out in this issue - "The Mathematics of Fate" and "Heading Home". In what I now consider to be a fit of madness, I agreed to give a reading - my first ever (another first for 2012). Kind of exciting/awfully terrifying, I'm sure that it's not that big a deal...and yet I'm equally sure that it is. Public speaking was never part of why I got into this gig in the first place, rather the opposite. I find it appealing to have a means of expression that I can exercise in the privacy of my own home...and never EVER have to worry about moving my lips! Anyway, provided I survive the ordeal, I'll let you know how it all turned out.

Both The Mathematics of Fate, and Heading Home will be posted on this blog some time next week.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment