Saturday 2 March 2013

Some Things I Never Get Tired Of

If anyone wants to 'share' this on Facebook, please do.

If you're out there, thank you Elizabeth!


When is the next one?February 25, 2013
This review is from: The Adventures of Charlie Smithers (Kindle Edition)
If you are looking for a scathing review of a writer's debut novel, this is not it. Historic fiction is not my go-to genre; having said that, I found this story engaging and delightful.

I hate when authors take six sentences to describe a scene and set the mood, which leaves me skipping paragraphs to get to the point. None of that in this novel! Mr. Lovatt has a talent for succinct, yet effective description, which makes the impression all the more lasting for its brevity.

It was an easy, well-flowing read - at times humorous, at times poignant and tragic, but always true to the story that needed to be told. This book was an excellent read, chock full of interesting characters, an unusual storyline, and a lead character worth cheering for. I will be watching for further efforts of Mr. Lovatt.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

No comments:

Post a Comment