Wednesday 20 August 2014

The Adventures of Charlie Smithers - "I Want To Taste Life, Too!"

This is lovely, and a quite interesting review for The Adventures of Charlie Smithers," written by Kelly Matthews. "I want to taste life, too." When she said that, I knew that the story had really struck home. There's no finer feeling.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on one or two of those Mara souvenirs, too! Hmmm....I wonder if she's open to a bit of bartering....?

Thank you, Kelly. Very much appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy good!, August 20, 2014
By 
Kelly Matthews (Southeast Idaho) - See all my reviews
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: The Adventures of Charlie Smithers (Kindle Edition)
I fell in love with Charlie Smithers. Though the language caught me off guard at first, I understand, and it is period appropriate. What a wonderful story. Duty, honor, love, trust, faith. I love this book. The characters are so richly written, the story moves along briskly, but doesn't sacrifice anything. Time flew by while I read it. I saw the characters in my head, I felt the joy Loiyan felt at all her new experiences, I felt Charlie's strength and then despair. I want to taste life, too.

My father-in-law lives in Kenya. My husband brings back gifts from the Mara when he visits. One of my most prized presents is a tall, hand-carved wood giraffe, but I also have two small Maasai men seated on stools like they are chatting around a fire. This book made these seem more alive, somehow. I kept envisioning Musa as one of them. I haven't enjoyed a book like this in some time.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

No comments:

Post a Comment