Saturday 20 February 2016

Downunder - A Review - "Charlie Smithers Takes On the Aussie Outback and Lives to Tell the Tale"

I think it's only natural that, once having written a story about a far off land, some anxiety sets in with regard as to how well it will be received there. By and large, I've found that Australians are fiercely proud of their country, and when you consider that pride, it occurred to me that it took considerable cheek on my part to even attempt such a story as Downunder. I suffered no illusions that if I got it wrong, the Aussies would tear it to shreds, and rightly so. Kay Podboj is a friend who lives in New South Wales, and I'm happy to say that she's still a friend after having read the book. Cheers Kay, you went a long way toward putting my mind at ease.

Format:Kindle Edition
After battling the high seas and villainous pirates, Charlie Smithers lands down under with a splash and surfaced to have a bloody good, fair dinkum Aussie adventure. Saved from certain death by the mysterious and charming Mattie they head off on a perilous and often dangerous trek through the Aussie desert, eventually meeting up with a group of aborigines, Charlie endears himself to the natives, learns about dream time and embarks on some pretty special dreaming himself. There was many a time I thought poor Charlie was a goner but true to form Charlie came through to adventure another day. This book has it all and portrays the Aussie outback and the Aussie larrikin way of life perfectly, strewth! I even shed a tear or two as I neared the end.
This is a must read for anyone who loves their adventures to be wildly entertaining.
Onya Chuck. 
 
 
You can purchase your own copy of "Charlie Smithers: Adventures Downunder" here.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment